|Leader||Dr Mordekai Efterstens|
The Republic of Painisia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Dr Mordekai Efterstens with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.079 billion Painisians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Granderburg. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Painisian economy, worth 271 trillion grands a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 130,724 grands, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', and the Painisian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Painisia's national animal is the Shiba Inu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Painisia, the Painisian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances.
- : Painisia altered its national flag.
- : Painisia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Chan Island".
- : Following new legislation in Painisia, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
- : Following new legislation in Painisia, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in Painisia, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : Following new legislation in Painisia, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Following new legislation in Painisia, delivery truck companies use hospital parking lots to store 16-wheelers.
- : Following new legislation in Painisia, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Painisia, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
Endorsements Received: 130 » Notyoutopia, Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, Mzeusia, Gladio II, Siwale, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Kwaj, PlanetPunk, Bayern-Straubing, Buckerino, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Diodone, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Agrauron, Frances Francis the First of France, Universal State Formula, Holy Oranz, Shadowrik, McMasterdonia, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Wineclaw, Avornica, Puczovska, Bothia, Wodan, SillyString, Apetopia, Atain, NatsukiLand, The Windmilluminati, Felpolandia, Ka Ching, Unimaginable Doom, Albacria, Atheenos, Western Vapia, East Supple Lund, Shibutani, Snoodum, Itallitopia, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Ozstan, Grand Europa Imperium, The Syca, Misthas, Guslantis, and 80 others.General COE, Yukti, Sil Dorsett, Malta Comino Gozo, The Austro Germanic Union, Californian Redwood, THX1138, Cadla, Deerfenland, Pizza Squared, Diche Choklate, Pleroma Sans Romans, Calamazo, Beladev, The Iron Lions, Kubrostavsria, Moubarakistan, American MapleStory, Former English Colony, Confederation of Independent Colonies, Cloydicia, Victoriaans Nederlands, Amerian States, Koda-Land, Kylesburgh, Joodey, Highton Islands, New Lakemba, Aenglaland, The Gamer Party, Phoronu, Q w e r t y, Tredano, Empy, Lower Nubia, Whereisthatistan, Racoda, Sacrento, Sanjurika, The Mace Kingdom, Zeternia, Sundred, United Draconia, One hundred castles, Ethnon, Alsace and Lorraine United, The United States of Romania, Sahriastan, Dogeius, Maott, Rochester Black, Suicidistan, I am the one who knocks, Xentherida, Jest Xerces, Elvero, El Fiji Grande, Aerovea, Abrickhouse, Dar es Saalam, New Trisone, Democritus, Maj Tonia Godgueeber, Papika, Joaquin El Chapo Guzman, Wilkshire, Solcialist States, Kobagia, Yarecir, Xorroth, Curtis Cosla, The Rhein States, Colotex, The Most Freedom Ever, Lionia, Amauri, Islavity Pod, New Bremerton, Funkadelia, and New Pruessen.