The Federal Republic of Page 53 is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 702 million Readers hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government is primarily concerned with Education, although Administration, Welfare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paragraph 2. The average income tax rate is 67.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Page 53ian economy, worth 56.5 trillion Units a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 80,435 Units, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Frat-house partying has become the national pastime, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, the Page 53ian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...", and a new guerrilla marketing campaign for tap water involves government agents spraying random citizens with hose water. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Page 53's national animal is the Drone, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Page 53 endorsed The Federal Republic of White Bananistan.
- : Page 53 was endorsed by The Federal Republic of White Bananistan.
- : Page 53 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments, Most Scientifically Advanced, and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Page 53 voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Page 53, a new guerrilla marketing campaign for tap water involves government agents spraying random citizens with hose water.
- : Following new legislation in Page 53, the Page 53ian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...".
- : Following new legislation in Page 53, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry.
- : Following new legislation in Page 53, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Page 53, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee.
- : Following new legislation in Page 53, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments.
Endorsements Received: 126 » Aumeltopia, Tsunamy, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Barabarom, The Tecorogan Federation, Crystal Creation, The Filippinas, Qvait, Tepertopia, Mapico, Erinor, Madreia, Curlyhoward, Jehenna, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Amerion, Holy Free, West Pastafaria, Great Scapula, Bleakfoot, Land Without Shrimp, The South Channel Islands, Eskvenn, Bawkie, Farengeto, Kringalia, PenguinPies, Hutington, Wehraboos, Anserisa, Weburya, Roterdamia, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Rabbitz, Sau Man Frescher, Sedunn, Qawe, Iym Winterless, Steampunk Engineers, Si-topia, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Solar System Scope, USNE2018, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Melicorium, The United Expanse, Drystar, The Plebeian States, and 76 others.Sanden, Realms of Madness, Ralphburg, Salguod, Cypheri, Southern Numenor, Novaexus, Eastern Nyan, Seliyan progressive Islands, United and Democratics States, Yeldarbsland, Gliasco, Greater Scott Islands, Shefino, Abarri, Stoniamera, Soem, Lincolns Virginia, Our Lord and Savior Ting, Great Andora, Utondara, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Eutraya, Of South America, Baltenlands, Tsvetania, Calistan, Walloonia, Kasharsa, Cuuldere, Beepee, Ebonhand, Elan Sleazebaganno, Jimburna, Kervanosia, Eggraria, Merevane, Tridem, Compli, Marinho Islands, Starsight, The Worst army of, Auphelia, Fasire, Kandorith, NganXuan, Matak Tribes, Laamiva, Corgitopiaa, ChickenDome, Techganet, Nowa Europa, Well F, Rhetiaa, West Fallows, Trepsit, United States of Vietnam, Purple Hyacinth, Dossiny, Sandaoguo, New Briantown, Vincent Field, RestartAll, Briteannia, Ovkianos, Belschaft, Royaltica, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Myness, Nookington, Kedjens, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, and White Bananistan.