The Protectorate of Paffnia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Aleksandar Vekili with a fair hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 13.345 billion Paffniacs are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skoptopolis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Paffniac economy, worth a remarkable 2,603 trillion paffnars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 195,074 paffnars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paffnia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paffnia relocated from 10000 Islands to Eternal Scholars.
- : Paffnia relocated from Eternal Scholars to 10000 Islands.
- : Paffnia's influence in Eternal Scholars fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Paffnia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Paffnia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Paffnia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
Endorsements Received: None.