The Federation of Padool is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Scoobs with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.525 billion Padoolians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 84.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Padoolian economy, worth 91.5 trillion dalors a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 60,027 dalors, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Riots have broken out as a water shortage threatens Padool's stability, refugees from other nations are flocking to Padool's border, suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks, and boats straying just metres away from the shore will raise the ire of the Coast Guard. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Padool's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Padool was endorsed by The Empire of Revendani.
- : Padool was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Ist Grald Boy.
- : Padool was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Padool, boats straying just metres away from the shore will raise the ire of the Coast Guard.
- : Following new legislation in Padool, suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks.
- : Following new legislation in Padool, refugees from other nations are flocking to Padool's border.
- : Following new legislation in Padool, riots have broken out as a water shortage threatens Padool's stability.
- : Following new legislation in Padool, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Padool endorsed The People's Republic of Izanstan.
- : Padool endorsed The Empire of Orlys.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Socialist Platypus, Terra-Prisma, Duby, Daraln, Aelandi, Ziroxeut, Nordharz, Pervincia, Aether Inc, Paul Pasch, Firifanteria, Cle Brait, Hockeyyekcoh, Nova Briton, Primis Tenebris, Liberto-Ancapistan, Lislandia, Loveable Dogs, The Psittacines, Baccara, Stustu, Tie-Died Chinchillas, Nibelia, Hubdova, The Capitalist China Party, Wakaru, Kensaland, United Kingdom of the Conch Kingdom, Sri Malawi, Balan Bar, Dyrland, Novo Reslas, The Seventh German Reich, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Parasano, Miraslav, Polska Empir, Empireedy, Altareynsikht, Kinshinsoukan, Adalwulf, Ropen, Celestial Flames, Jolly Industries, Gonswanza, Cyzixraqab, Meowtremulous, Galliadurm, Northshires, South Blorbo, and 34 others.The 7 Unions, Timiskrane, Achlos, Terra Celtae, Ximavia, Yummasia, Tarzantos El Camosia, Hydrusite, Charville, Soviet Utopia Reunion Party, Red Finlandian Guard, Grand Order Of Lodgec, Americo-Federation, Khlachten, East Groland, Dennis the Goat, Lugunica, Taentermatown, Shovell, Horacko Federation, LC Land, Unidentified-nation, Mandalanusia, Koneule, Tee Googly Coffee Me, SocioLiber, Wollo, The New Economic Quebec, Non opresive German Empire, Olornia, Orlys, Izanstan, Ist Grald Boy, and Revendani.