|Leader||Senior General Dieu Duc Viet|
The Republic of Padnak is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Senior General Dieu Duc Viet with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.574 billion Padnakis are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Morhovza. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.6%.
The all-consuming Padnaki economy, worth 935 trillion Padnaki Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 123,538 Padnaki Pounds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 912,975 per year while the poor average 5,024, a ratio of 181 to 1.
Owning a tractor is widely regarded as an essential prerequisite to most government positions, the nation's gigantic air force is both respected and feared, prime picnicking sites are being paved over in the name of progress, and the government is a law unto itself. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Padnak's national animal is the Maylay Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Padnak was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Padnak's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Padnak's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Padnak's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Padnak was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Padnak was refounded in Osiris.
- : Padnak ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Padnak was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Padnak was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Padnak was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.