|Leader||Chancellor Zar Koranal|
The Great Observer State of Pacificora is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor Zar Koranal with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.032 billion Pacificans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pala. The average income tax rate is 78.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pacifican economy, worth 694 trillion Koras a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,025 Koras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The diplomatic corps stinks, many marriages go virtually unconsummated, monocled merchants with funny accents are applying for Pacifican citizenship in droves, and it's been a banner year for local vexillology. Crime is totally unknown. Pacificora's national animal is the Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pacificora's influence in Cobalt Network fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Pacificora was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Pacificora voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Safeguarding Nuclear Materials"".
- : Following new legislation in Pacificora, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Following new legislation in Pacificora, monocled merchants with funny accents are applying for Pacifican citizenship in droves.
- : Following new legislation in Pacificora, many marriages go virtually unconsummated.
- : Pacificora's influence in Cobalt Network rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Following new legislation in Pacificora, the diplomatic corps stinks.
- : Following new legislation in Pacificora, mystics are claiming that a simultaneous rise in scepticism and education budgets is correlation rather than causation.
- : Pacificora was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
Endorsements Received: None.