The Maoist of P R of China is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Xi Jinping with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.398 billion Chineses are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beijing. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 60.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Chinese economy, worth 672 trillion Yuan Renminbis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 280,361 Yuan Renminbis, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 827,479 per year while the poor average 74,701, a ratio of 11.1 to 1.
School lockers are filled with fancy underwear, P R of China isn't what it used to be, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, and workers tend to schedule naps during all-hands meetings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. P R of China's national animal is the Panda, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : P R of China's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : P R of China was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry, the Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates, and the Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : P R of China lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in P R of China, workers tend to schedule naps during all-hands meetings.
- : Following new legislation in P R of China, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars.
- : Following new legislation in P R of China, P R of China isn't what it used to be.
- : Following new legislation in P R of China, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Following new legislation in P R of China, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : P R of China's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : P R of China was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided, Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry, Fattest Citizens, and Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.