|Leader||The Federal Council|
The Federal Republic of Oyste is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Federal Council with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.962 billion Oysteans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cambridge. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Oystean economy, worth 293 trillion Oysters a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 149,349 Oysters, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Most citizens in Oyste are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it, the government is spending billions of taxpayer Oysters to support "struggling" industries, and the study of medicine is popular throughout Oyste. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oyste's national animal is the Oyster, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oyste was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Oyste was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of South Anadyr.
- : Oyste was endorsed by The Ghost Town of Pianaville.
- : Oyste was endorsed by The Republic of Yellowjacket.
- : Oyste was endorsed by The Republic of United States of Island Land.
- : Oyste was endorsed by The Free Land of Calrad.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, the study of medicine is popular throughout Oyste.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, the government is spending billions of taxpayer Oysters to support "struggling" industries.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, most citizens in Oyste are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
Endorsements Received: 118 » Ignis Cinere, Free Land of Rebellium, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Northern Nivaria, Blogotopia, Tzo, Vivolkha, Myndithos, Better Indonesia, Kaltovar, The African Emirates, Ali Faridi, Karlando, Old Atlantica, Kebecois, The Parandeam, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Gewisse, Anigeto, Future of Mankind, Free Booze, Lower Phlebacite, Zeganas, Mastodonia, Marroc, Isentran, Wysrod, Palman, Anollasia, Eist, Sovereign Research Concerns, Lamborghini Murcielago, St Lennys Island, New Fania, New Udonia, Grimmywelsh, Seantonia, Chip Skylark, Coreras, Juiulia, Stroulia, Zopciria, Danyl, Ferte, Kingdom of New Berlin, Arctic Coalition, Jimjam Goober, Iontan, and 68 others.Creeptopia, Meravon, Zeklandia, Slaytania, Maalemzya, Northern African Sahara, Gluebucket, IslaMond, Germanic and Jewish people, Kyrizstanislav, Ironica Butterfly, Novegia, Libertaritaritaritaria, Tangora, A R V E R N A, New Dracora, Cape Vessey, Grungerock, Nogalacia, ShadowVoltia, Zyrcrestia, Ishkabibber, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Echocrimsonia, Colonel Terrosit, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Serlone, Achiotopia, BRVTOPIA, Valentian Elysium, Decent Humans, Ascended Union, Rahatalia, The Pizza, The Republic of Osea, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Itic, Evertopia, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Lunador, Greenmont Federation, Eppur, Johnne Green, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Point Comfort Colony, AciaciaMont, United North American Islands, Ariree, Liberdon, Islands of Czechia, Lisokyo, PYT, Bortheria, Drewish, Marxist Germany, Namakan, HumanSanity, Nemohsis, Makykay, Acvilsol, Calrad, United States of Island Land, Yellowjacket, Pianaville, and South Anadyr.