The Fiefdom of Owenheim is a massive, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.718 billion Owenheimians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Owenheimian economy, worth 333 trillion Bitcoins a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,580 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble, the nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet, and people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Owenheim's national animal is the Sociopath, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Owenheim was endorsed by The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- : Owenheim was endorsed by The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
- : Owenheim was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Kobagia.
- : Owenheim was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Prevaland.
- : Owenheim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Owenheim, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more.
- : Following new legislation in Owenheim, the nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet.
- : Following new legislation in Owenheim, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble.
- : Following new legislation in Owenheim, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Owenheim, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Notyoutopia, Selfgradatude, The Rossinite Empire, HMS Unicorn, Novare Res, Ceretis, Apetopia, Lionia, Guslantis, Tokaryk, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, South Isles, The Isle of Grossmania, Syrixia, Sunto, Malvad, Francovania, Bharathvarsh, Chinstralia, SillyString, Yaorozu, Meritdom, Frances Francis the First of France, Elspeth and Samina, Unimaginable Doom, Sadakoyama, The Army Republic of Prussia, Isimud, Zyvetskistaahn, Yeraennus, Soverenia, Vantaria, Choistan, Esplandia, Pasargad, Sil Dorsett, Shadowrik, Hannepandia, Kelvaros Prime, Great Bights Mum, Republic of Dixie, Xentherida, Wisconsota, Avalon, Holy Oranz, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, American MapleStory, French Bananastan, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, and 54 others.Vegetarian States, Wineclaw, Sankami, Malta Comino Gozo, Morrn, Siwale, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Religioncord, Indereac Lanx, Celreostia, West Magellis, Upper Portlandia, Solestia, Kingdom of Space, Enosville, Ovsterland, OPArsenal, Vazali, Kaschovia, Lord Ravenclaw, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Valdr, Lupus Imperium, Southern Stroraia, Empy, Omicron Persei V111, The Mazur Empire, Pallaith, Rukonia, Kwaj, Amerian States, Moristia, General COE, Reannia, Friently, Hong Kong Empire, South Grand Mountain, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Faxfleet, Notty Swaras, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Coemgen, Kizja, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Marsh Castle, Plembobria, Sheppey, Prevaland, Kobagia, and Zemnaya Svoboda.