The People's Republic of Owarinai is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, state-planned economy, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.586 billion Owarinaians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shinhaji. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Owarinaian economy, worth 140 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is 88,353 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves, moonshine has made a resurgence, and hit TV show 'The eXecution Factor' is a critical success. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Owarinai's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Owarinai was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Owarinai, hit TV show 'The eXecution Factor' is a critical success.
- : Following new legislation in Owarinai, moonshine has made a resurgence.
- : Following new legislation in Owarinai, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Owarinai, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Following new legislation in Owarinai, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Owarinai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Owarinai was endorsed by The Kingdom of Absovenya.
- : Following new legislation in Owarinai, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Following new legislation in Owarinai, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Maupedonia, Varavano, Liossalde, Ezechard, Venovica, Silabar, Small Potato, AtlasBarfed, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, Veyoris, Talamia, Yousta, Democratic Republic of Kohland, Dekks, and Absovenya.