The State of Oubangui-Shari is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its complete lack of public education and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 15.644 billion Oubangui-Sharians enjoy frequent elections, which are uniformly corrupted by big-spending corporations buying politicians who best suit their interests.
The minute, moralistic, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.5%.
The powerhouse Oubangui-Sharian economy, worth 733 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Gambling, and Book Publishing. Average income is 46,913 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 160,949 per year while the poor average 10,036, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
Oubangui-Shari has designated Capital Heights as its capital city. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Oubangui-Shari's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oubangui-Shari altered its national flag.
- : Oubangui-Shari was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Oubangui-Shari changed its national capital to "Capital Heights".
- : Following new legislation in Oubangui-Shari, Oubangui-Shari has designated Capital Heights as its capital city.
- : Oubangui-Shari changed its national nation type to "State".
- : Oubangui-Shari's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Oubangui-Shari's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Oubangui-Shari's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Oubangui-Shari's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Oubangui-Shari relocated from The Central Pacific to Ancient Lands.