The Republic of Ottralia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Otterlord with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.937 billion Otters hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 28.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ottralian economy, worth 387 trillion Otts a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 132,050 Otts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
A ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries, the study of medicine is popular throughout Ottralia, and tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests. Crime is totally unknown. Ottralia's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ottralia, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- : Following new legislation in Ottralia, the study of medicine is popular throughout Ottralia.
- : Following new legislation in Ottralia, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries.
- : Ottralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Ottralia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Following new legislation in Ottralia, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- : Following new legislation in Ottralia, theoretical science is only theoretical.
- : Following new legislation in Ottralia, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Following new legislation in Ottralia, robosexual marriages are increasingly common.
- : Ottralia was endorsed by The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Meritdom, Frances Francis the First of France, Unimaginable Doom, Fliegauge, Notyoutopia, Zyvetskistaahn, Yaorozu, Sunto, Yeraennus, Soverenia, Bharathvarsh, Vantaria, Guslantis, Elspeth and Samina, Calamazo, HMS Unicorn, Lionia, Vegetarian States, Sil Dorsett, Shadowrik, Apetopia, The Rossinite Empire, Great Bights Mum, Pasargad, Xentherida, Wisconsota, Avalon, Holy Oranz, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, American MapleStory, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, SillyString, Ceretis, Republic of Dixie, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Wineclaw, Sankami, Siwale, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Religioncord, Indereac Lanx, Selfgradatude, Kaschovia, Empy, Malta Comino Gozo, Northern Scovia, Morrn, Solestia, Kingdom of Space, and 44 others.Upper Portlandia, Enosville, French Bananastan, Ovsterland, Novare Res, Vazali, Lord Ravenclaw, Valdr, Celreostia, Arcadia of Kasterborous, StormRose, Southern Stroraia, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Omicron Persei V111, The Mazur Empire, OPArsenal, Mercy Land, Pallaith, Gnate, St Edmond Island, Kwaj, Amerian States, General COE, Reannia, Friently, Moristia, Hong Kong Empire, Jenner-Kardash, Lupus Imperium, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, Faxfleet, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Coemgen, Kizja, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Marsh Castle, Plembobria, Sheppey, and Zemnaya Svoboda.