The People's Republic of Otryae is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 533 million Otryaeans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Otryaean economy, worth 48.8 trillion Tooth burshes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 91,586 Tooth burshes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, new urban roads are threatening city parks, armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough, and UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Otryae's national animal is the proletariat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Otryae, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- : Otryae was endorsed by The United Free Republics of Mallissa.
- : Otryae was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Otryae, armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough.
- : Following new legislation in Otryae, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Otryae, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Otryae voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Following new legislation in Otryae, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Otryae after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Otryae, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Otryae, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Shamian, Socialist Balkon, Soviet State of Covernant, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Kethania, Flying-Penguins, Carrico, Repolaa, Socialist Heronia, Comuny, FlyLands, Exania, Ugriasau, Sith Isles, Czecho-Slovakian Union, Democratic-Socialists, Canadian Democratic Republics, Puaco, and Mallissa.