The European Capital of Culture of Ostymandia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by V75-Kungen with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, disturbing lack of elderly people, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 6.124 billion Ostymandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, corrupt, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Healthcare, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skellefte. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ostymandian economy, worth 926 trillion guitars a year, is highly specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 151,227 guitars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold, the 'Museum Of Stuff We Stole' is a tourist favourite, and the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ostymandia's national animal is the samer, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ostymandia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Armbruster.
- : Ostymandia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Gotho.
- : Ostymandia was endorsed by The Republic of Zelenskraine.
- : Ostymandia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Greycastle.
- : Following new legislation in Ostymandia, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
- : Following new legislation in Ostymandia, the 'Museum Of Stuff We Stole' is a tourist favourite.
- : Following new legislation in Ostymandia, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
- : Following new legislation in Ostymandia, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
- : Following new legislation in Ostymandia, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
- : Ostymandia was endorsed by The United Nations of Vulxo.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Elisabethshagen, Walfo, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Imperium Anglorum, Eco-Paris Reformation, Northern German Federation, Thracia Republic, Regnum Italiae, Saint Domingo, Mynox, Invernessia, Kanokla, PPRP, New Eestiball, The New Nordic Union, Gliesetonia, North of Americas, Thracia and Crimea, The Champions League, Jim the Baptist, Nardin, Yahlia, The Federal States of Ezasao, GanymedEuropa, Eppur, Palemonid, Meropis, Christian Terra, Aroale, Zulrich, Irminsulia, Belvanski, Dark Matter, Apabeossie, Thebeytopia, Berlin and Hanover, Ausvelt, Leranditale, Othenhiem, Greater Icelandia, Panversia, Rary, Dunsteen, United States of Russia1, An Clar, Wombelland, The Scandinavian Realm, Brakanistan, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, and 19 others.Someseni, Dabarastan, Monkistan, Heplon, Felhaven, Gorzi, Dervenland, Noristoniaka, Mojuatafurertopeopir, Why are we hear, Agausia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, IFK MARIESTAD, Corsoaua, Vulxo, Greycastle, Zelenskraine, Gotho, and Armbruster.