The Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Regents Ulprus and Iaiose with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, rampant corporate plagiarism, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 9.791 billion Ostronopolians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nakaplium. The average income tax rate is 1.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Ostronopolisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,300 trillion Kremoss a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 234,975 Kremoss, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, stores employing more than 100 employees are required to be at least twenty miles from any competitor, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions, and the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ostronopolis's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Zeodiasianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ostronopolis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Ostronopolis's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ostronopolis's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ostronopolis's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ostronopolis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and the Top 5% for Largest Insurance Industry, Most Advanced Defense Forces, Most Avoided, and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Ostronopolis was refounded in Osiris.
- : Ostronopolis ceased to exist.
- : Ostronopolis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Ostronopolis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Ostronopolis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.