|Leader||Grand Inquisitor-Khan Prance Rayder|
The Holy and Venerable Horde of Ostroeuropa is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Grand Inquisitor-Khan Prance Rayder with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 26.49 billion Ostroeuropans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Canterlot. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Ostroeuropan economy, worth a remarkable 7,741 trillion Ration Shekels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 292,237 Ration Shekels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The recital of citations that follows any political speech can be longer than the speech itself, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Ostroeuropans, dissident voters are sent on a 'relaxing break' at the Ministry of Love, and citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections. Crime is totally unknown. Ostroeuropa's national animal is the Griffin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Discordianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ostroeuropa's influence in Driselbia fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Ostroeuropa's influence in Driselbia rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Ostroeuropa's influence in Driselbia rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Ostroeuropa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Ostroeuropa's influence in Driselbia rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Ostroeuropa's influence in Driselbia rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Ostroeuropa's influence in Driselbia rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Ostroeuropa's influence in Driselbia rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Ostroeuropa's influence in Driselbia rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Ostroeuropa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.