The Hyperborean State of Ostrinios is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Ostyhan Ier with an even hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, strictly enforced bedtime, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 6.659 billion Ostriniosians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ostrinopolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Ostriniosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,544 trillion Aurums a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 232,011 Aurums, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 759,620 per year while the poor average 53,225, a ratio of 14.3 to 1.
Takeaway food bought on the weekend now comes with fifty percent more sweat and tears, for just a few extra Aurums Ostriniosians can get new driving records with their new cars, crime is on the rise as online youths compete to vlog the most shocking scenes of violence, and a performance of the hit musical "Mamma Tua" has been delayed after squatters were found sleeping in the orchestra pit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ostrinios's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ostriniosism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ostrinios endorsed The Free Economist Republic of Illeatew Tese.
- : Ostrinios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators".
- : Following new legislation in Ostrinios, a performance of the hit musical "Mamma Tua" has been delayed after squatters were found sleeping in the orchestra pit.
- : Ostrinios endorsed The Really Teeny Weeny Colony of Sunto.
- : Ostrinios endorsed The Holy Empire of The Black Cathedral.
- : Following new legislation in Ostrinios, crime is on the rise as online youths compete to vlog the most shocking scenes of violence.
- : Ostrinios was endorsed by The Democratic State of Buckerino.
- : Ostrinios was endorsed by The Really Teeny Weeny Colony of Sunto.
- : Ostrinios was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Black Cathedral.
- : Following new legislation in Ostrinios, for just a few extra Aurums Ostriniosians can get new driving records with their new cars.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Aenglaland, El Fiji Grande, Lotion Empire, Titan IE, Notyoutopia, Ethnon, Azzarel, Mor Lunkzii, Siwale, Pallaith, Democritus, Shibutani, Shin-Hachioji, Q w e r t y, Shadowrik, Maj Tonia Godgueeber, Territorio di Nessuno, Beagles Reborn, Holy Oranz, Koda-Land, Nova Patria, Bayern-Straubing, Corfad, Yarecir, United Draconia, THX1138, Yaorozu, PlanetPunk, Wilkshire, Mzeusia, The Rhein States, Albacria, Curtis Cosla, Expols Geo Islands, Sundred, Freienland, Wineclaw, The Iron Lions, Malphe, Revolutionary Sealand, New Pruessen, Zeternia, Malta Comino Gozo, Ostrolia, Lunar Turf, The Black Cathedral, Sunto, and Buckerino.