|Leader||Geoff Van Deusen|
The Republic of Osterai is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Geoff Van Deusen with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and ubiquitous missile silos. The quiet, industrious population of 1.314 billion Osteraians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Federal Osterai. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Osteraian economy, worth 121 trillion dollars a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 92,252 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky, and grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Osterai's national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Osterai was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, citizens worry more about a split end than their deceased parent.
- : Osterai endorsed The Republic of Agave.
- : Osterai was endorsed by The Republic of Agave.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- : Osterai was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 66 » VW53Aland, Veterans Association, Aquyia, Aivintis, Layngderfleethe, Debluu, Albrook, Eastern Alksearia, Axdel, Fellon, New Leganes, Perah, East Malaysia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Unger under over, Marrabuk, Iodinia, Asendavia, Brotherland, The Three States of Fortuna, Evrigenis, CheeseBurrito, Bai Lung, A mean old man, Harro Waarudho, Mardom, Joonan Valtakunta, Adavan, Stellar Colonies, The Empire of Rijelv, Tshana, Thurland, Federated States of Zootron, Dragons Blood, Roliganistan, Rainbow Vests, Barfleur, The Almighty Country, ReeK, Kucia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Preat, Modra, Enlil, Monezambique, Ridann, Goodnamesarerare, Mecsherstein, FreedomIand, Lyontisia, and 16 others.Kangarawa, Rikos Isles, East Deslang, Kingdom of Hapsteld, Nevertopia, Tassirion, The Marlands, BearStackof2015, Merlovich, Nociav, Frankinstan, Isole Ionie, Tyrosalem, Chesstitans, Kavanos, and Agave.