The Incorporated States of Oscalantine is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon with an even hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, enslaved workforce, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 12.638 billion Corporate Descent have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nexus Sector 03. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient of Corporate Descent economy, worth a remarkable 5,165 trillion Nexus Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 408,720 Nexus Credits, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
The military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, blasphemers and government critics often die in very unusual and unlikely accidents, and the booming slave trade is now government-funded. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Oscalantine's national animal is the Turtle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Corporate Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oscalantine was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Oscalantine's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Oscalantine's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Oscalantine's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Oscalantine was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Oscalantine's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Oscalantine was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes, Largest Pizza Delivery Sector, Highest Unexpected Death Rate, and Fattest Citizens and the Top 5% for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Oscalantine was refounded in Balder.
- : Oscalantine ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Oscalantine's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".