The United Socialist States of Orwal is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 385 million Orwalis love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sh˙gu. The average income tax rate is 80.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Orwalic economy, worth 21.0 trillion Ranzhas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is 54,527 Ranzhas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are sent to either religious or secular schools, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, and environmental officials dismiss uncontrolled wildfires burning down major cities as nature taking its course. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Orwal's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Orwal, environmental officials dismiss uncontrolled wildfires burning down major cities as nature taking its course.
- : Following new legislation in Orwal, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- : Following new legislation in Orwal, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Following new legislation in Orwal, children are sent to either religious or secular schools.
- : Following new legislation in Orwal, tuba players are paid to quietly whisper into their instruments.
- : Orwal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Orwal endorsed The Free Land of Tarzantos El Camosia.
- : Orwal's influence in Conch Kingdom rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Orwal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Orwal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
Endorsements Received: 81 » Charville, Liberto-Ancapistan, Kot Unduk, Free Azell, Supero Omnia, Lislandia, Covida, Socialist Platypus, Marchiaa, Dyrland, NewArizona, Gatorstan, Union of Saint Lyon, Naraval, The International Workingman, Sekryen, The ThirdReich, Thuron, Cronaphe, Rex Omnia, Covidialia, Rheinland Empire, Gwan, Mudreuque, Ciapore, Libation Liberation, Primis Tenebris, Hal-Lija, LEEEthanica, Kensaland, Aelandi, Ostarossa, Pervincia, Cooler People, Detro, KiYadiMundika, Pieistan, Corrinnesia, Nueva Rico, Sindhi States, El Blurkistan, MacDonald Clan, Ziroxeut, Etowahe, Great Austronisian Empire, BarbieTingz, FinalDelta, WeEathuman, Cikilfia, Synarchia, and 31 others.Ruotsaland, Cle Brait, Kastricia, Vomvalyst, Nicobia, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Brustates, Wakaru, Granev, Creditopia, Norcairnsiastrana, Sucret, Crionadh, Oktadonia, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Kurczak Mielony, Nein Marosts, Zuhayrian, Lutu, Awa Tribe, New Persopaca, Duby, Grenikstan, Balan Bar, Bohseon, Ferranstra, Lucensia, Nuktuk, Vivenxistan, Plusquam verisimile est, and Masidley Comm.