The Virtuous Republic of Orson Welles is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Augustus with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, digital currency, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 821 million Romans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Roman economy, worth 128 trillion Gold Denariis a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 156,162 Gold Denariis, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 572,977 per year while the poor average 30,127, a ratio of 19.0 to 1.
Explosive diarrhoea is not just a colorful phrase, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, and people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Orson Welles's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares.
- : Orson Welles was endorsed by The Ȓᾄvἷᾗʛ Ŀὄὄᾗἔẏ Ɲᾄҭἷὄᾗ of Numpties.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Orson Welles was endorsed by The Kingdom of Bova Ptaltand.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, explosive diarrhoea is not just a colorful phrase.
- : Orson Welles voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Orson Welles was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Kiensu.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, pop sensation "Jack and the Holograms" is storming the charts.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Bran Astor, Bhang Bhang Duc, Sirulinuck, Giovanniland, Recuecn, Nieubasria, Mediobogdum, Anuubis, Fujai, Dilber, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Westwind, Fuentana, Psikuta, The Technocratic Ideas, Wickedly evil people, IndyCar Racing, Al-Amanah, Barcocoland, Papercuts and Skittles, San Diego Islands, Atheist States of Philippines, Thevinia, Santos-Dominius, Desmosthenes and Burke, The Rega, Win Mints, Hamburg Neo, The United Tribes of Bantai, The North American Assembly, Twisted Duality, Glorious Existence, Q The Almighty, Mathematania, DiscGolfLand, Kittenlicious, Pi Island, The Fourth Redoubt, Akshireuya, Comia Noracon, Constantinopolisia, Sindria, Oometz, Arvladma, Tropical Isles, Leukogeras, Common Good, Matism, Liberillia, Gracelantia, and 38 others.Condonohia, BIteland, The Undivided, East Carelia, BoxcarJim, Cryland, United Adaikes, Pilonistan, Fhaengshia, Nedtherland, Plankstein, Keri Kelli, Acropylae, Aldesport, Pandaland III, Av Libertas Vindex, Bobki, Newfieisland, Cro Magnon, Albyion Kingdom, Thyrall, Gryphonian Alliance, Bonelandia, Dalimbar, Nagaraningrad, Ahssn, Arnic, Futuo, Diaconstipation, Valocke, Resurgence City, Xupqeu, Holmani, Marshalia, Champaign, Kiensu, Bova Ptaltand, and Numpties.