|Leader||King Felipe III|
|Faith||The Church of Oronia|
The United Realms of Oronia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by King Felipe III with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 12.976 billion Oronians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antüria. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Oronian economy, worth a remarkable 3,348 trillion oroloes a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 258,023 oroloes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Major boxing matches are held in government buildings, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point, and there's a lot of mouth-breathers about these days. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oronia's national animal is the jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Church of Oronia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Oronia, there's a lot of mouth-breathers about these days.
- : Following new legislation in Oronia, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point.
- : Oronia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Oronia, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners.
- : Following new legislation in Oronia, major boxing matches are held in government buildings.
- : Following new legislation in Oronia, the nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks.
- : Following new legislation in Oronia, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Following new legislation in Oronia, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- : Following new legislation in Oronia, liberals and conservatives try to disqualify each other's candidates on the grounds that "their ideas would never work in the real world".
- : Following new legislation in Oronia, burning yourself alive is not okay but starving and whipping yourself is fine.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Drachmaland, Fujai, Oometz, Vitanu, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Crazy Waters, United A, Liberillia, The Undivided, Numpties, Ashkan, Wickedly evil people, Meist Isle, Ioways, Nevafornia, WyEast, Archonina, Pandaland II, Psikuta, Condonohia, Thessalian, Comia Noracon, Arkadia Universalis, Aldesport, Zenduria, Pandaland III, Gryphonian Alliance, Shaqolandia, Premiora, Kawaii Schoolgirl, Dragonesia, Dalimbar, Denieria, Westwind, Mackerels and Puppers, Yy4u, Kyeongsang, NoHiceLand, Bran Astor, Kingdom of Anderson, Papercuts and Skittles, Kisovec, Cro Magnon, Keerim Foundation, Grandi Fiori, Islamic Jerusalem, Troodan, New New Avignon, Cryland, Halvard, and 3 others.Ilmecith, Midnest, and Doggerstan.