The Colony of Orini is a very large, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 171 million Orinese live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Defense, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.2%.
The strong Orinese economy, worth 7.79 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Soda Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 45,531 credits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 350,120 per year while the poor average 1,585, a ratio of 220 to 1.
Crime is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Orini's national animal is the orka, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orini's influence in Eurth rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Orini's influence in Eurth rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Orini's influence in Eurth rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Orini's influence in Eurth rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Orini was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market, Greatest Rich-Poor Divides, Most Politically Free, Highest Drug Use, and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Orini relocated from The East Pacific to Eurth.
- : Orini changed its national demonym to "Orinese" and its demonym adjective to "Orinese".
- : Orini altered its national flag.
- : Orini was founded in The East Pacific.