The Most Serene Republic of Orenmark is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Sean Alechi with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.245 billion Orenmarkians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cascadia. The average income tax rate is 79.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Orenmarkian economy, worth 191 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 85,206 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police aim to defeat hatred with love with their "hugs-for-thugs" program, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, and under love's heavy burden Prime Minister Sean Alechi sinks lower in the political right's esteem. Crime is totally unknown. Orenmark's national animal is the Pomeranian Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orenmark published "Orenmark: Article 2- Religions and Cultures" (Factbook: Religion).
- : Following new legislation in Orenmark, under love's heavy burden Prime Minister Sean Alechi sinks lower in the political right's esteem.
- : Following new legislation in Orenmark, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Following new legislation in Orenmark, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Orenmark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Orenmark, police aim to defeat hatred with love with their "hugs-for-thugs" program.
- : Following new legislation in Orenmark, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Following new legislation in Orenmark, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- : Orenmark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Orenmark, newspapers are running a front-page picture of Prime Minister Sean Alechi holding a crowbar and standing over a bloodied stockbroker.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Unimaginable Doom, Yaorozu, Vegetarian States, Sankami, Notyoutopia, Sil Dorsett, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, SillyString, Holy Oranz, Meritdom, Ceretis, Shadowrik, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Frances Francis the First of France, HMS Unicorn, Morrn, Republic of Dixie, Xentherida, Guslantis, American MapleStory, Selfgradatude, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Wineclaw, Tuand Seton, Malta Comino Gozo, Siwale, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Religioncord, Indereac Lanx, Zyvetskistaahn, Apetopia, Kingdom of Space, Upper Portlandia, Bharathvarsh, Alice Gardens, Enosville, Wisconsota, Kaschovia, Elspeth and Samina, Ovsterland, Vazali, Lord Ravenclaw, The Galactic Triumvirate, Valdr, Southern Stroraia, Empy, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Omicron Persei V111, and 25 others.Arcadia of Kasterborous, Pallaith, Kwaj, General COE, Reannia, Moristia, Friently, Hong Kong Empire, South Grand Mountain, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Faxfleet, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Coemgen, Kizja, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Necromonia, Marsh Castle, Plembobria, Sheppey, Prevaland, and Zemnaya Svoboda.