The Republic of Oreion is a huge, genial nation, notable for its burgeoning Wolf population. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 648 million Oreians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Talema. The average income tax rate is 24.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Oreionian economy, worth 28.0 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. Average income is 43,154 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, recreational drug businesses are regularly pruned if they grow above the maximum legal size, Oreion has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown. Oreion's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oreion's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Oreion voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Identity Theft".
- : Oreion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Nazi Europa"".
- : Oreion was endorsed by The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia.
- : Oreion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Oreion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Oreion, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Oreion, Oreion has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories.
- : Oreion altered its national flag.
- : Oreion withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Declaration on Hippopotamuses".