The Dictatorship of Ordeenstaat-Burgund is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, free-roaming dinosaurs, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 712 million Burgundians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. The average income tax rate is 68.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Burgundian economy, worth 25.5 trillion Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 35,867 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Rare art has become a significant factor in negotiating all foreign trade agreements, school uniforms are compulsory, the government blames all suspicious phenomena on flying saucers, and the world outside is only known of in folklore. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ordeenstaat-Burgund's national animal is the Guard dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Audioslavia".
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund lost the endorsement of The Kingdom of Van Demons Land Tasmania.
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund was endorsed by The Kingdom of Van Demons Land Tasmania.
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Ordeenstaat-Burgund's influence in The Democratic Republic rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Vajrayanah.