The Bloom of Orchid Snapdragon is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its parental licensing program, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The quiet, industrious population of 2.372 billion Orchid Snapdragonians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, moralistic government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 32.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Orchid Snapdragonian economy, worth 92.9 trillion rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 39,146 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Flight attendants rip down curtains with revolutionary fervor, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", and translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Orchid Snapdragon's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orchid Snapdragon's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Orchid Snapdragon's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Orchid Snapdragon's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Orchid Snapdragon relocated from Mountain of Stability to Artificial Solar System.
- : Orchid Snapdragon applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Orchid Snapdragon's influence in Mountain of Stability rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 40 dismissed Orchid Snapdragon as nak of Terra Nova.
- : Orchid Snapdragon's influence in Mountain of Stability rose from "Diplomat" to "Contender".
- : Orchid Snapdragon's influence in Mountain of Stability fell from "Negotiator" to "Diplomat".
- : Orchid Snapdragon resigned from the World Assembly.