The Kingdom of Orcea is a large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, enforced nudity, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 56 million Orceans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 49.2%.
The sizeable but inefficient Orcean economy, worth 2.64 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 47,226 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, bicyclists are banned from major roads, and public nudity is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Orcea's national animal is the Timber Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orcea's influence in United Alliances rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Orcea's influence in United Alliances rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Orcea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and Nudest and the Top 10% for Most Extreme and Safest.
- : Orcea's influence in United Alliances rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Orcea, public nudity is compulsory.
- : Orcea applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Orcea, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- : Orcea's influence in United Alliances rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Orcea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Largest Trout Fishing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Conservative, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, and Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Orcea relocated from The South Pacific to United Alliances.