The Scattered Fishing Towns of Orandia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 656 million Orandians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aidnaro. The average income tax rate is 66.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Orandian economy, worth 45.5 trillion orandis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 69,304 orandis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals, farting etiquette is taught in schools, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII', and aeroplane cockpits no longer have altimeters or airspeed indicators. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Orandia's national animal is the lemming, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orandia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Orandia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Orandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Orandia, aeroplane cockpits no longer have altimeters or airspeed indicators.
- : Following new legislation in Orandia, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'.
- : Following new legislation in Orandia, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Orandia, condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals.
- : Following new legislation in Orandia, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Orandia, the OBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Following new legislation in Orandia, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Bran Astor, Einherfell, Bhang Bhang Duc, Eskaton, Resurgence City, Zoran, Liberillia, Scationtanland, Recuecn, Fujai, Eienn, United Auroran Republic, Plankstein, Av Libertas Vindex, Fuentana, Papercuts and Skittles, Nieubasria, Parinan, DiscGolfLand, Shaktirajya, Sindria, IndyCar Racing, Cro Magnon, Carvell, Thevinia, Giovanniland, The Unified Missourtama States, Emark, Dilber, Nusmia, Hamburg Neo, Organisation of North American Nations, and Fhaengshia.