The Dictatorship of Opressea is a small, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 23 million Opresseans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 69.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The weak Opressean economy, worth 714 billion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 31,056 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Women wearing male lounge-wear are quizzed for hours by mental health practitioners, citizens have an obligation to remain silent and anything they say may be used against them, paraplegics are told to walk it off, and there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Opressea's national animal is the parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Opressea, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes.
- : Following new legislation in Opressea, paraplegics are told to walk it off.
- : Following new legislation in Opressea, citizens have an obligation to remain silent and anything they say may be used against them.
- : Following new legislation in Opressea, women wearing male lounge-wear are quizzed for hours by mental health practitioners.
- : Opressea proposed constructing embassies between Invicta Minorae Autocratum and The Interdimensional Community.
- : Opressea changed the regional password in Invicta Minorae Autocratum.
- : Opressea updated the World Factbook entry in Invicta Minorae Autocratum.
- : Opressea password-protected Invicta Minorae Autocratum.
- : Opressea appointed Opressea as Interim President of the Revolution with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Invicta Minorae Autocratum.
- : Opressea aborted construction of embassies between Invicta Minorae Autocratum and Invicta.