The Federation of Opek is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kurtis Warner with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, avant-garde cinema, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.013 billion Opekians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deirdre. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31.1%.
The powerhouse Opekian economy, worth 76.5 trillion Opeds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 75,504 Opeds, with the richest citizens earning 6.7 times as much as the poorest.
Visual acuity is worsening amongst teenagers, where there's a will there is usually a password manager, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain, and all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Opek's national animal is the Blobfish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Opek was endorsed by The Confederacy of New Jakobly.
- : Opek was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Opek was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Opek voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Opek, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves.
- : Opek was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Opek, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain.
- : Following new legislation in Opek, where there's a will there is usually a password manager.
- : Following new legislation in Opek, visual acuity is worsening amongst teenagers.
- : Following new legislation in Opek, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Thean Gamgeltonland, Bietzopolis, Josephtan, Reatilber Soclistice, Ormantum, United Territories of the Antarctic, New Suternia, Gorzi, Zeckiya, Angea, New Cesorion, Northern Timena, The 3rd Swedish Empire, Cheesecakeastan, O-BrokiPuppet, AICTAIY, Baconbacon123, Kingdom of Montana, Geektopia, Gliesetonia, Violet Hedgehog, Runegeist, Sarzville, Tyranogorgon, Ritterdorf, Laureland, United Cascadian Peoples, Banana Man154, Laurennia, Marinne, Ravennog, The Evile Empire, Dependants, Nikosan, Calponia, and New Jakobly.