The Confederacy of Oofeland is a huge, safe nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 398 million Oofelandians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. The average income tax rate is 71.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Oofelandian economy, worth 14.2 trillion Rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Retail, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 35,630 Rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path, it is often said that only Leader could bring down Dàguó, recent events in Dàguó have been classified 'for Leader's eyes only', and rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oofeland's national animal is the Peacock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oofeland was endorsed by The Yellow and Purple Easter Egg of Oofery.
- : Oofeland was endorsed by The Magister and MoIC of Tretrid.
- : Oofeland endorsed The Ancient Uberstani Republic of Ridann.
- : Oofeland endorsed The Republic of Modra.
- : Oofeland endorsed The Magister and MoIC of Tretrid.
- : Following new legislation in Oofeland, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Oofeland, recent events in Dàguó have been classified 'for Leader's eyes only'.
- : Following new legislation in Oofeland, it is often said that only Leader could bring down Dàguó.
- : Following new legislation in Oofeland, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path.
- : Oofeland was endorsed by The Ancient Uberstani Republic of Ridann.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Pakitsk, Marrabuk, H-Zhena, Evrigenis, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, Wiranath, East Malaysia, Monix, Interdimensional Waifus, Rainbow Vests, Someseni, CheeseBurrito, Riveraland, Propwash, Morrowine, Socialist Holy American Empire, BearStackof2015, AngusEssa, Roissyland, Am Echad, Roliganistan, Stumptopia, Acronis, Kucia, Dragonia, Asendavia, The Romanum Legio, Kangarawa, CopyCato, Merlovich, Chols Worithopia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Arkantis, A Slanted Black Stripe, Zukchiva, Cameronia Excellentia, Modra, Ridann, Tretrid, and Oofery.