The Democratic Republic of Ongmonnif is a very large, genial nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 154 million Ongmonnifios enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 41.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ongmonnifian economy, worth 9.53 trillion Kons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,865 Kons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hordes of tourists are ruining the environment, aeroplane cockpits no longer have altimeters or airspeed indicators, real power lies not in the debating room but with those who decide what is debated, and appendix transplant figures have recently doubled. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ongmonnif's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ongmonnif voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Ongmonnif voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Following new legislation in Ongmonnif, appendix transplant figures have recently doubled.
- : Following new legislation in Ongmonnif, real power lies not in the debating room but with those who decide what is debated.
- : Ongmonnif was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Ongmonnif endorsed The Federation of The Vermillion Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Ongmonnif, aeroplane cockpits no longer have altimeters or airspeed indicators.
- : Following new legislation in Ongmonnif, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment.
- : Ongmonnif lodged a message on the Refugia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Ongmonnif, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Melenavenia, Sylh Alanor, Chacapoya, Nottinghaven, Junitaki-cho, Michelland, Tovenia, UwUsberg, Narwhal, Cadenzana, New Filippe, Lower French Gregballs, Araine, Inversa, Voncios, Indimu, Refuge Isle, Elenaraghaenaris, Laisou, Cidaris, Golden gateway, and Floofybit.