The Largely Ungoverned Territory of Oneiro is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 36.729 billion Oneiroans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Oneiroan economy, worth a remarkable 9,252 trillion Meatloafs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is an amazing 251,919 Meatloafs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pedal-powered removal vans are a popular Maxxmas gift for the children of separated parents, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, Oneiroan Standard Vodka is the only drink that bars stock, and power to the people comes from the barrel of a gun. Crime is totally unknown. Oneiro's national animal is the blackbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oneiro's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Oneiro's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Oneiro's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Oneiro was refounded in Balder.
- : Oneiro ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Oneiro was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Oneiro's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Oneiro was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Oneiro's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Oneiro was refounded in Lazarus.