The Disappointment of Olytemis is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, unlimited-speed roads, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.709 billion Olytemisites are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Doge. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Olytemisian economy, worth 501 trillion whisks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 135,276 whisks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is known as the cheapskates of Olytemis, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe, and the government is avowedly secular. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Olytemis's national animal is the froggit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is meme philosophy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Olytemis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Olytemis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Uniform Labeling of Hazardous Goods".
- : Following new legislation in Olytemis, the government is avowedly secular.
- : Following new legislation in Olytemis, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe.
- : Following new legislation in Olytemis, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Olytemis was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Olytemis, the nation is known as the cheapskates of Olytemis.
- : Following new legislation in Olytemis, government ministers sport new billboards that read 'Will Trade Votes for Private Members' Bill Support'.
- : Following new legislation in Olytemis, where there's a will there is usually a password manager.
- : Following new legislation in Olytemis, businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections.
Endorsements Received: None.