The Republic of Old Shavensin is a very large, socially progressive nation, notable for its burgeoning falcon population. The democratic population of 103 million Old Shavensinians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 9.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Old Shavensinian economy, worth 5.50 trillion Bitcoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,358 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Surveillance cameras are banned, genetic researchers have been expelled, every week is blindness awareness week, and no one is quite sure what many government officials look like. Crime is almost non-existent. Old Shavensin's national animal is the falcon, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Old Shavensin's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Old Shavensin relocated from Ridgefield to The Rejected Realms.
- : Old Shavensin was ejected from Ridgefield by The Holy Superior of Holy Bolivar Empire.
- : Old Shavensin's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Old Shavensin's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Old Shavensin's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Old Shavensin's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Old Shavensin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Old Shavensin relocated from The Pacific to Ridgefield.
- : Old Shavensin applied to join the World Assembly.