|Capital||Old Ras City|
|Faith||The Greater Pantheon|
The Empire of Old Ras is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cheerful population of 5.079 billion Rasians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Old Ras City. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Rasian economy, worth a remarkable 1,036 trillion Denarii a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 204,009 Denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, anyone can get ahead in life if they want to, and the nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Old Ras's national animal is the Sparrow, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Greater Pantheon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Old Ras was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Old Ras was endorsed by The Dissociative State of Hardscrabble.
- : Old Ras was endorsed by The Supreme Peaceful Enlightened of Andromeda Islands.
- : Old Ras was endorsed by The Fire Sly of Inspector Carmelita Fox.
- : Old Ras was endorsed by The Wretched of the Earth of Frattastan IV.
- : Old Ras's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Old Ras relocated from St Abbaddon to The Rejected Realms.
- : Old Ras was ejected from St Abbaddon by The Ever-Procrastinating Writer of Sequential Art.
- : Old Ras was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Old Ras's influence in St Abbaddon rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".