The Star Empire of Old North Fish is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Munday with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, zero percent divorce rate, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 13.038 billion Fishians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Industry, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metroscale. The average income tax rate is 66.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Fishian economy, worth a remarkable 1,421 trillion Scoles a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 109,009 Scoles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Amnesty Interregional has condemned Old North Fish for ignoring crimes against humanity, naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure, school uniforms are compulsory, and cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Old North Fish's national animal is the last Northern Speckled Bigfoot, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is non-existent.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Old North Fish's influence in The Grand Old Duke of Pork rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Old North Fish's influence in The Grand Old Duke of Pork rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Old North Fish's influence in The Grand Old Duke of Pork rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Old North Fish's influence in The Grand Old Duke of Pork rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Old North Fish was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry, Largest Soda Pop Sector, Most Advanced Defense Forces, Largest Populations, and Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Old North Fish altered its national flag.
- : Old North Fish relocated from Balder to The Grand Old Duke of Pork.
- : Old North Fish's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Old North Fish was refounded in Balder.
- : Old North Fish ceased to exist in The planet of hiremus.