The Apoxian County of Old Guard is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory vegetarianism, and unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 14.021 billion Old Guardians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Environment, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oldem. The average income tax rate is 80.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Old Guardian economy, worth 826 trillion Pounds a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Pizza Delivery industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 58,982 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Old Guard, and worried-looking neonatal nurses are being deployed in place of SWAT teams during dangerous drug busts. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Old Guard's national animal is the Ape-ox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Old Guard's influence in Esportiva rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Old Guard was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombies and Most Dead.
- : Old Guard's influence in Esportiva rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Old Guard's influence in Esportiva rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Old Guard's influence in Esportiva rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Old Guard's influence in Esportiva rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Old Guard was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Old Guard relocated from Lazarus to Esportiva.
- : Old Guard was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Old Guard ceased to exist in Esportiva.