The Unholy Empire of Of The US is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 18.484 billion Otusians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of TASCOOTUS. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The strong Otusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,468 trillion krowns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 79,428 krowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Of The US's Medieval Faire is renowned as one of the best in the region, soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, and all the playground's a stage for Otusian schoolchildren. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Of The US's national animal is the dodo bird, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Of The US's influence in Taijitu rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Of The US's influence in Taijitu rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Of The US's influence in Taijitu rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Of The US's influence in Taijitu rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Of The US was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and Best Weather.
- : Of The US relocated from Balder to Taijitu.
- : Of The US was refounded in Balder.
- : Of The US ceased to exist in Taijitu.
- : Of The US was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Of The US's influence in Taijitu fell from "Minnow" to "Nipper".