The Jurassic Republic of Oceasia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Ian Malcolm with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 15.473 billion Oceasians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of O-City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 75.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Oceasian economy, worth a remarkable 2,333 trillion Oceanic Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 150,790 Oceanic Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
Any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, and the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oceasia's national animal is the Tyrannosaurus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oceasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Oceasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Oceasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Oceasia's influence in Winterfell rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Oceasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead and the Top 10% for Most Zombified.
- : Oceasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Oceasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Oceasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Oceasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Oceasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
Endorsements Received: None.