The Republic of Oceanfire is a small, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic population of 32 million Oceanfireans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 21.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Oceanfirean economy, worth 1.20 trillion golds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Tourism, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 37,401 golds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Supermarket milk is a shear-thickening fluid that can stop small-caliber bullets, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, gambling is outlawed, and cars are banned. Crime is totally unknown. Oceanfire's national animal is the mabari hound, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oceanfire's influence in Stoopid rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Oceanfire's influence in Stoopid rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Oceanfire resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oceanfire's influence in Stoopid rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Oceanfire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Oceanfire was endorsed by The Republic of Space-Dementia.
- : Oceanfire endorsed The Republic of Space-Dementia.
- : Oceanfire relocated from Spear Danes to Stoopid.
- : Oceanfire was endorsed by The Principality of White Album.
- : Oceanfire endorsed The Love of Image Material.