The Holy Grand Bishopry of Obadiahstan is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical, devout population of 6.676 billion Obadiahstanis are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, although Healthcare, Administration, and Welfare are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 51.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Obadiahstanian economy, worth 173 trillion gelds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Furniture Restoration, Retail, Soda Sales, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 25,967 gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation rates have hit a new low, elections have been outlawed, Harry Potter books are banned, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Obadiahstan's national animal is the Gschwall.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Obadiahstan's influence in Sumerian Coalition rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Obadiahstan's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Obadiahstan's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Obadiahstan's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Dealmaker".
- : Obadiahstan's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Hermit" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Obadiahstan's influence in Sumerian Coalition rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Obadiahstan altered its national flag.
- : Obadiahstan relocated from Osiris to Sumerian Coalition.
- : Obadiahstan was refounded in Osiris.
- : Obadiahstan ceased to exist in Sumerian Coalition.