The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 50 is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 6.563 billion Oaks 50ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 80.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 50ian economy, worth 992 trillion planets a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 151,226 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Corporate executives continue to enjoy generous tax benefits while the public is taxed to the hilt, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll, decaying farm hamlets have twice the representation of major urban areas, and it is quite common for bar patrons to discuss Wittgenstein over cordials and games of backgammon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 50's national animal is the falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 50's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Oaks 50 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 50 relocated from Samoyedic Siberian Peoples to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 50's influence in Samoyedic Siberian Peoples rose from "Zero" to "Auxiliary".
- : Oaks 50 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Samoyedic Siberian Peoples.
- : Oaks 50 was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Nohvene.
- : Oaks 50 was endorsed by The Spell of Shock Spell.
- : Oaks 50 was endorsed by The Republic of Interceptor XXIV.
- : Oaks 50 was endorsed by The Republic of Quebecshire XLV.
- : Oaks 50 endorsed The Republic of Quebecshire XLV.