The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 40 is a colossal, efficient nation, remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.549 billion Oaks 40ians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 68.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 40ian economy, worth 613 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 93,727 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government funds private schools for intellectually gifted children, main battle tanks stalk the woods of Oaks 40 in search of falcons, reassembling shredded papers is the highlight of a spy's day, and agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 40's national animal is the falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 40 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 40 relocated from Gehenna I to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 40 removed the tag "Invader" from Gehenna I.
- : Oaks 40 suppressed a post on the Gehenna I Regional Message Board.
- : Oaks 40 changed the regional banner of Gehenna I.
- : Oaks 40 abolished the regional flag of Gehenna I.
- : Oaks 40 updated the World Factbook entry in Gehenna I.
- : Oaks 40 became WA Delegate of Gehenna I.
- : Oaks 40's influence in Gehenna I rose from "Zero" to "Negotiator".
- : Oaks 40 was endorsed by The Republic of Interceptor LXXX.