The Hundred Oaker Wood of Oaks 35 is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its aversion to nipples, triple-decker prams, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.189 billion Oaks 35ians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 79.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 35ian economy, worth 453 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 108,314 planets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Power to the people comes from the barrel of a gun, sermons are regularly interrupted by businessmen taking phone calls, people take government jobs for the frequent flier miles, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 35's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 35 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 35's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 35 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 35 relocated from Waldonia to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 35's influence in Waldonia rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Oaks 35 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Waldonia.
- : Oaks 35 endorsed The Rogue Nation of The Evil Midnight Bomber.
- : Oaks 35 endorsed The Fiefdom of Gateway of the Mind.
- : Oaks 35 endorsed The Tent of Aholibah.
- : Oaks 35 endorsed The Republic of Obama Moment 20.