The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 22 is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, triple-decker prams, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 4.331 billion Oaks 22ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Administration, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 22ian economy, worth 553 trillion planets a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 127,894 planets, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
Oddly simian-looking religious thugs beat up anyone who suggests humans are related to monkeys, people choose marriage partners by buying a lottery ticket, baby dolls thrown in the trash are a leading cause of panic attacks, and urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 22's national animal is the falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 22 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 22's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 22 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 22 relocated from Mechanix Monarchists to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 22's influence in Mechanix Monarchists rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Oaks 22 was endorsed by The Republic of Before inflating his card value Fauxia.
- : Oaks 22 endorsed The Stand of Metallicaa.
- : Oaks 22 endorsed The Republic of Before inflating his card value Fauxia.
- : Oaks 22 endorsed The Republic of Merni11.
- : Oaks 22 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Mechanix Monarchists.