The Grace and Precision of Oaks 194 is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.767 billion Oaks 194ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 46.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 194ian economy, worth 414 trillion planets a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 86,869 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country, chemically brainwashed citizens praise Leader's name on an hourly basis, foragers descend on national cemeteries for 'all-you-can-dig-up' extravaganzas, and the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 194's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 194's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Oaks 194 relocated from Fear in Your Heart to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 194 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 194 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 194's influence in Fear in Your Heart rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Oaks 194 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Oaks 194 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Fear in Your Heart.
- : Oaks 194 was endorsed by The Republic of Interceptor XCI.
- : Oaks 194 was endorsed by The Sultanate of Aititesaruertay.
- : Oaks 194 was endorsed by The Stand of The Thankful Dead.