The Grace and Precision of Oaks 185 is a massive, orderly nation, remarkable for its closed borders, state-planned economy, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 2.234 billion Oaks 185ians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. The average income tax rate is 29.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Oaks 185ian economy, worth 189 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 84,901 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Endocrinology is a rapidly growing field of study, kids are told they can be whoever they want to be when they grow up, people wouldn't be seen dead without their guns, and the nation's cuisine is the laughing stock of Artificial Solar System. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 185's national animal is the falcon, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 185 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 185's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 185 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 185 relocated from The Coal Prosperity Sphere to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 185 abolished the regional flag of The Coal Prosperity Sphere.
- : Oaks 185 updated the World Factbook entry in The Coal Prosperity Sphere.
- : Oaks 185 became WA Delegate of The Coal Prosperity Sphere.
- : Oaks 185's influence in The Coal Prosperity Sphere rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Oaks 185 was endorsed by The Fenda of A time traveller 2.
- : Oaks 185 was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Into The Dungeons.