The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 13 is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its state-planned economy, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.304 billion Oaks 13ians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Administration, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 67.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 13ian economy, worth 552 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Uranium Mining, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 128,295 planets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, restaurateurs put a lot of effort into persuading customers to accept wafer-thin mints, and cars are banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 13's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 13 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 13's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 13 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 13 relocated from Old World to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 13's influence in Old World rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Oaks 13 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Old World.
- : Oaks 13 relocated from Windows NT to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 13 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Windows NT.
- : Oaks 13 relocated from Nogers realm to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 13 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Nogers realm.